Terms & Condition
Please read the terms and conditions carefully as by accepting them the customers agree to the following:
- That they have read these terms and conditions
- That they over 18 years of age and declares that all members of the group are of the appropriate age to purchase those services and any age restrictions has been mentioned clearly in the booking.
- During booking the Customer must pay the relevant deposit or full payment as specified in the pricing policies.
- No contract will come into existence once we receive the required deposit from the customer and issue a confirmation invoice to the customer for the same.
- Please check the booking details (name, date etc) immediately after the confirmation and if any error is there we request the customer to inform as immediately as the changes may not be done later and it may harm the booking status of the customers.
- When booking for more than one person or for group, any one person of the group should accept the terms and conditions on behalf of the entire group, provide the required details of the group and share relevant information provided by us with the group.
- Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport.
- The booking information shared by the customer will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers , affiliates and other persons necessary for the requirement of the package tour only.
- If required, the information will be shared with the public authorities such as customs or immigration. This may be included information like details of any disabilities that the customers have, dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies.
2. Special Requests:
- If the Customers have any special requests please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the supplier/representatives.
- For some tours we do not guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
- Adequate travel insurance is a condition of booking with us. Customers must take out a policy of insurance in order to cover themselves against the cost of cancellation by them; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. Failure to disclose relevant information will affect the Customer’s Insurance. The Customers must provide us a copy of their insurance policy on request.
- Please note we do not check insurance policies. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
4. Guaranteed Departures and Force Majeure:
- All tours operated by us are guaranteed departures and will operate unless unforeseen circumstances arise. Due to higher number of travellers on specific tours, we reserve the absolute right to change the type or style of transportation or other elements, to enable the tour to operate.
- Incase we have to cancel any particular trip on a particular tour due to unavoidable situation , we will try to replace it with another tour or will give the required refund to our customers.
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to the Customer are affected by any event which we or the supplier of the service in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and all similar events outside our control or the control of the supplier concerned.
- In most of our tours, accommodation is provided in twin rooms, which may be two single beds or a double bed and a bunk bed.
- In certain locations, particularly in Austria and Switzerland, a twin is commonly accepted as referring to two separate mattresses and duvets contained in one large frame.
- Two travellers booking together will be accommodated in a twin room.
- Three travellers booking together will be accommodated as follows: two travellers will be roomed in one twin room, the third person will be accommodated in a same gender twin share room. We will use our discretion in allocating the third person to a room share; unless we are otherwise advised in writing as to who will be sharing with whom.
- Triple rooms can be requested, in writing, but cannot be guaranteed in every location in which event the above situation applies. Most hotels have rooms that will take an extra bed if required. These extra beds may be bunk beds, fold-away beds or sofa beds. Where an extra bed is added this may limit the space available.
- Please note that in some properties, lifts may not directly service all floors and access to and from these floors may be by stairway only. Please note that porter services are not standard and not available at many hotels.
- Accommodation ratings are displayed as provided by the supplier. These are intended to give a guide to the services and facilities you should expect from your accommodation. Standards and ratings may vary between countries, as well as between suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given and no warranty is given or implied.
- Safety standards may differ from country to country. We strongly advise that all Customers seek to minimize their exposure to injury by familiarizing themselves with relevant safety information that may be posted around the hotel or anywhere else.
- Meals are included as mentioned in the tour itinerary, Please follow the specific tour itinerary on our website for details of meals provided.
- Vegetarians can be catered for, so please inform us at the time of booking, as well as the tour leader at the start of the tour. Please be aware that in many parts of the world vegetarian meals are classified as meals without meat or fish, and may not be what the Customers are used to. Specific religious dietary requirements can be catered for by providing the vegetarian option. Non-included meals are at Customer’s own expense. This allows you the opportunity to try the local cuisine.
- There is always an excellent range of restaurants and supermarkets to choose from in each destination. Customers would also need to purchase drinks and snacks for long bus or coach journeys as there may not be the opportunity once on board.
7. Age Restrictions and Medical Conditions:
- If the Customers have any medical condition, disability or special requirements which may affect the holiday, please inform us before the confirmation of the booking so that we can make arrangements accordingly and inform the customer before hand if it is at all feasible or not.
- Customers those who are opting for adventure travels or hiking tours etc should note that this difficult level of this tour are much higher than the normal guided tours or private tours and will be not of similar standards that they are accustomed with.
- Persons over 65 years of age may be asked to provide medical evidence of fitness to travel on certain itineraries. Minors (those under 18 years of age) are accepted on some group tours operated by us at our discretion provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them.
- Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted.
- Please follow the age restrictions of the child mentioned on specific tours. We reserve the right to allow or deny younger travellers onto our tours at our discretion.
- All itineraries include a huge amount of walking including walking to and from hotel and restaurants. All itineraries include the use of public transportation, which can be public buses, trams, trains and metro. The coach will not be used on all days due to driving hours legislations.
- Our tour leader will guide the customers during the tour and the customers are expected to corporate with the tour leaders. If in any instance the customer misconduct with our tour leader and it hurts the ambience and safety of the tour, that customer will be excluded for the tour.
- In case of any medical emergency in the tour, the tour leader will make alternative arrangements for the customer so that he or she can get the required medical attention as soon as possible.
- If a Customer is excluded from the tour as above or chooses to leave the tour of their own free will or leaves the tour due to ill health or any other reason there will be no refund of the tour price, extra services, surcharges, local payments/funds or any local surcharges. All services forming part of the whole package booked will be forfeited though may be recovered through travel insurance in some circumstances.
- Please note that the Customer’s holiday arrangements can be terminated, with no refund, if the behavior of the Customer’s party falls below an acceptable standard.
- The customers have to pay for any damage that they have caused to the accommodation or services in resort. We are under no obligation to the Customer if any event such as this occurs. The customer need to pay the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made by us or the supplier or any third party as a result of their conduct.
- All participants in tours operated by us are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so may relieve us of any obligation that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
9. Passports, Visas and Health:
- We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for the trip, but this is for guidance only and it remains the Customers responsibility to check the requirements before they travel.
- We can help in processing the visa . The Customers need to inform us during booking about the requirement of the visa.
- Please note that we can only help in the documentation of the visa not guarantee the visa . The visa decision will only be taken by the specific embassies or consulates.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to enquire about specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements. The Customer should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates prior to travel. Neither we nor the supplier accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements and normal cancellation fees will apply.
- We can provide general information about any health formalities required for the trip but Customer should check with their own doctor for the specific circumstances.
- Passport should be valid for at least six months after the completion of the tour. There should be several blank pages in the passport as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
10. Final Travel Arrangements:
- The Customer should ensure that all travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and they should arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the relevant departure point.
11. Check-in & Check-out:
- Generally hotel rooms will be available for check in between 12.00 noon and 15.00 and between 10.00 and 12.00 noon for check out. Please note that our itineraries often require that we deviate from these times in order to stay on schedule.
- If the customers have any queries or concerns during the tour, please inform your tour leader immediately.
If the complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 14 days after the tour completion by emailing us and giving the booking reference and all other relevant information.
13. Lost property:
- Travelkook do not accept liability in respect of any loss or damage to articles brought on tour. It is the sole responsibility of all guests to make arrangements for adequate insurance coverage on all valuable items prior to departure. Should any items be left behind at our partner hotels whilst on tour, it is responsibility of the Customer to contact the relevant hotel to make arrangements for the items to be returned.
- Travelkook will assist where possible in the tracking of lost items. Should the item be found it will be posted to the Customer. The Customer have to pay a handling fee of £25 per lost item as well as the relevant postage fee.
- Travelkook accepts no liability for helping with the lost property, nor do we take responsibility for any loss or damage to the luggage while on our vehicles or public transport.
14. Law and Jurisdiction:
- These terms and conditions are governed by Indian law jurisdiction.
- If any exclusion(s) or limitation(s) contained in these Conditions is found, in whole or part, to be unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable for any purpose(s), that exclusion(s) or limitation(s) or the part(s) in question shall be deemed severable and omitted from these Conditions for that purpose / those purposes. Such omission shall not affect the validity, effectiveness or enforceability of the other provisions of these Conditions.
15. Conditions of Suppliers:
- Many of the services which make up our holidays are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form a part of the contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to the Customer, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
16. Our Partners and Staff:
- We have partnered with well known travel agencies of the world who provide the best available services and have got trained and efficient staff. The staff has been carefully chosen, and undergoes comprehensive training. Tour leaders and drivers are authorized to have well deserved rest during tour; these are the 'free days' as part of the tour itinerary.
- After booking the tour the Customers will receive an immediate email acknowledging the booking of the tour. Within 48 to 72 hour of the booking, the Customer will receive confirmation of the tour with details.
18. Pricing Policies:
- Our pricing policies varies from one tour to another. Please follow the specific tour pricing policies for the details.
19. Cancellations and Modifications:
- Customers are requested to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any kind of modifications and cancellations required after the confirmation of the booking. No sms , calls and other means of communication will be considered for cancellations and modifications purposes of the tour. Only emails will be considered officially for cancellations and modifications.
- Our cancellations and modifications policies varies from tour to tour. Please follow the specific tour policies for the details.
20. Payment Mode:
- Customers can pay for their bookings through the online payment gateway in our website. For private group tours we accept payment in bank cheque also.